WHY JOING THE NORTH TEXAS STATE HOSPITAL TEAM?
HHS salaries are commensurate with education and level of experience. Opportunities for merit increases and promotions are available. In addition, a shift differential may be paid to employees who work other than normal shifts.
Employees also earn $20 per month in longevity pay for every two years of service.
The state of Texas offers free, comprehensive medical insurance for employees, and pays 50 percent of the premium cost for dependents (possibly as much as 90 percent for qualifying children). Coverage is effective after 60 days with no preexisting conditions exclusions.
Coverage, which is effective immediately, is available for employees and their dependents at group rates. There are two plans from which to choose.
Short- and Long-term Disability
This coverage may be purchased at group rates.
- Basic term life insurance — $5,000 coverage plus $5,000 for accidental death and dismemberment, both paid by the state.
- Optional life insurance — Amounts from one to four times your annual salary may be purchased at group rates.
- Voluntary accidental death and dismemberment — You determine your level of coverage from $10,000 to $200,000.
- Dependent life insurance — $5,000 term life and $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment coverage may be purchased for dependents.
- Vision Available
State employees receive an average of 15 paid holidays per year.
New, full-time employees accrue 8 hours of vacation leave per month. The vacation accrual amount increases with additional years of state service.
Mandatory state retirement pay in.
Full-time employees accrue 8 hours per month. Eligible employees can also apply for extended sick leave and leave from the Sick Leave Pool for long-term illness or injury.
Other Optional Benefits
- Deferred compensation (457)
- Texa$aver 401(k) Plan
- Legal Protection Plan
- TexFlex reimbursement accounts
- Direct deposit of pay
Many of the people who currently work at North Texas State Hospital say they do it because they feel like their work makes a difference in someone’s life. If you want to join our team, North Texas State Hospital is looking for professionals seeking to serve and solve challenging issues in a variety of roles such as:
- Social Workers
- Food Service
- Medical Director